Skip to main navigation.
Phone: 307-856-9426 or 1-800-445-0613

Commercial or Irrigation

Dear Applicant:

Before your new service may be assigned to our staking department we require that you provide the following:

  • $100 Staking Fee – This non-refundable amount will be applied towards the cost of your construction.
  • Application Form – This provides us with the necessary information to set up your new account.
  • System Requirements Form – This provides us information about your irrigation or commercial load
  • Street Address or County Fire Number – If you do not have an address for your new service location, call your County Planning and Rural Addressing Office to have one assigned.
  • Warranty Deed (or Service Line Agreement from the B.I.A. Realty Office if on Tribal Land)


Upon receipt of the above, the following steps will be taken:

  • The staking department will contact you to arrange a meeting at the site to discuss your new service.
  • After the meeting, the staker will complete the necessary paperwork and compute a cost estimate.
  • We will issue contracts and determine whether a deposit is required. Signing of said contracts along with payment in full of the construction cost and the deposit will need to be made prior to commencement of the construction of your new electric service.
  • After receipt of the contract and payment(s) if applicable, the job will be released to our line crew.
  • Any questions regarding the date of the construction of your new service will need to be directed to the line foreman from 8:00-8:30 AM and 4:00-4:30 PM Monday through Friday.

    Line foremen:
    Riverton– J D Watson
    Riverton – Brian Heiner
    Thermopolis –Gary Starkey
    Dubois – Doug Cooley
    Casper – Gabe Bouse.


Consumer’s Responsibility:

  • You will be responsible for all trenching and backfilling between November 1st and March 31st if you need underground service.
  • It is the owner’s responsibility to locate any private underground utilities (water, sewer, electric, etc.). If High Plains Power damages said utilities improperly located it will be the owner’s responsibility to make the repairs. High Plains Power will call in locates for all public utilities.
  • You will need to complete a State of Wyoming Electrical Permit Application. We can provide the application for you. It is your responsibility to complete the form and send to Cheyenne with the applicable fees. Once the state has returned a permit tag, complete the tag and attach it to the meter base. Contact High Plains Power Inc., when you receive your permit from the State and give us your permit number. High Plains Power Inc. will not install the meter without the tag. Questions regarding electrical permits should be directed to the State Electrical Inspector.
  • If a landowner has over 40 acres and hires a contractor to do electrical work, it will be the responsibility of the contractor to obtain the State of Wyoming Electrical Permit.
  • PVC or steel conduit must be installed at least 12” vertically in the ground below High Plains Power breaker box.
  • It is the customer’s responsibility for connection of their secondary line.
  • Once all of the above is completed, High Plains Power will install the meter. Please allow up to three business days for installation of meters.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office for assistance.

High Plains Power Office Phone Numbers
  Customer Service:
Riverton (307) 856-9426
Dubois (307) 455-2475
  Staking and Engineering:
Riverton (307) 856-6262 ext. 222 (Josh)
  (307) 856-6262 ext. 223 (Corey)
Dubois (307) 450-8060 (Dean)
Thermopolis (307) 921-1097 



Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo
Connection Cooperative Savings Card Kids energy zone education and activity National Rural Electric Cooperative Association Action home page